What we do.
Pramana specializes in inflection points. Whether you are launching a new product, entering a new market, or reinventing core aspects of your business, Pramana is a true partner in aligning all your organizational efforts toward a shared goal and a winning strategy.
While each project is unique, we always begin by taking the pulse of your organization and ensuring that your team is in-sync. We surface the hallway whispers, examine the business and product strategy, and measure external perception of the brand to define actionable shared objectives that will guide you team.
From there, we define and refine your organizational identity, positioning and messaging, visual design, and then develop creative and integrated executive leadership, brand, and communications strategies to externalize what we’ve built, connect with your target audiences, and set you up for sustained success.
A fresh start: Introducing yourself.
- ClientAn automated trucking technology startup.
- OpportunityHow to enter a noisy and misunderstood industry with sophistication and a new, potentially controversial, point of view.
- SolutionWe started by taking a step back to discuss the team’s deeply held beliefs about how automated technology could and should be delivered, then translated that into a long-term communications strategy that considers the human impact of automation technology and lays groundwork for a product many years away.
- ImpactBy helping to ground the company’s strategy and vision for the future in its core values, our client is now authentically delivering on its promises to prioritize safety and thoughtfully innovate with the intent of empowering drivers rather than replacing them.
- ClientAn artificial intelligence company focused on health care.
- OpportunityHow to educate technology investors about the opportunity of enabling doctors to make faster, more accurate decisions when diagnosing stroke and brain trauma.
- SolutionWe led the client’s team of health care industry veterans through a focused project to translate their nuanced, technical, and specialized solution into a compelling story that captured the opportunity ahead and would resonate with technology investors.
- ImpactThrough the process of developing a clear, differentiated identity, rooted in the business and product strategy, we got the entire executive team singing from the same book about their vision, mission, definition, and category, directly impacting their ability to raise their next funding round.
- ClientA start-up whose software application blends the flexibility of documents with the power of spreadsheets.
- OpportunityA long-awaited emergence from stealth mode — a critical inflection point that only happens once.
- SolutionWe developed a thoughtful narrative and strategy to guide the company’s entry into the world and their transition from stealth through beta to general release over the course of a year and a half.
- ImpactWe constructed and articulated a compelling brand identity and POV about the potential of the “Maker Generation.” We then brought it to life externally with a strategy that built community momentum and earned credibility behind their vision. Our strategy and execution resulted in one of the top Product Hunt reveals of all time, a Fast Company feature story, and a Harvard Business Review OpEd, among others.
The Next Chapter: Securing Yourself.
- ClientA healthcare startup that provides immediate access to urgent care.
- OpportunityA Series B announcement that necessitated mature positioning beyond the standard “Uber for X”.
- SolutionWe worked with the client to create a highly focused positioning statement that clearly articulated why they were poised to define a new level of access to health care.
- ImpactOur work refocused the company around their unique position as a proven player delivering results in the modern healthcare system. Aligning around this provocative position helped the leadership team stand out from the competition and gain meaningful coverage for their Series B announcement.
- ClientA beloved children's education program brought to you by the letter “S.”
- OpportunityThe client’s 50th anniversary offered the chance to not only celebrate its storied history, but also to demonstrate why the brand and its values are needed today more than ever.
- SolutionBuilding from core organizational needs and values, we developed a year-long anniversary campaign to inspire people of all ages to live by the timeless lessons the show’s characters have always taught: that everyone, no matter who they are or where they are from, is equally deserving of respect, opportunity, and joy.
- ImpactWe aligned the work of many disparate teams toward a unified purpose that rallied the internal stakeholders and connected to the broader audience. This ultimately delivered against their business and nonprofit goals of reaching new audiences, securing sponsorships and partnerships, and landing key media coverage.
- ClientA navigation platform designed to make traffic jams history.
- OpportunityA new product launch offered the chance for one of the original players in getting people from Point A to Point B to claim its leadership role in the transportation industry.
- SolutionWe developed a new brand identity and narrative that aligned all product, marketing, and communications efforts behind the core message of “delivering the future of transportation today.”
- ImpactOur work impacted how the organization’s story was told company-wide. The narrative was used to successfully launch the new consumer product while deepening relationships with community partners and communicate the vision to the media. We even helped land a partnership with a prominent consumer brand.
- ClientA Silicon Valley darling and popular collaboration hub.
- OpportunityUsing the client’s broad consumer appeal to expand beyond a core messaging function and move upmarket into enterprise software for teams at work.
- SolutionWe helped our client develop a simplified identity rooted in their core DNA, yet evolved to resonate with a new audience of CIOs. In the face of massive competition, we articulated their unique perspective on digital transformation and the future of work, and also put their CEO in front of unexpected new audiences to expand the reach of their story.
- ImpactOur work helped to guide a fast-moving team through incredible growth, and ultimately to their highly lauded IPO, in which they were universally recognized as a leader of the future of work.
A New Direction: Reinventing Yourself.
- ClientA Gen Z media platform.
- OpportunityLeadership needed to make critical decisions about the future of the business and bring focus in the face of a diluted message.
- SolutionWe ran a project with rigorous stakeholder engagement to help leadership uncover insights and understand areas of alignment and misalignment within the organization. The objective was to evaluate the opportunity at hand and make an informed strategic decision.
- ImpactWe brought focus and rallied the company around a specific strategy that doubled down on Generation Z, and developed new messaging to connect with both talent and advertisers.
- ClientThe first personalized music streaming service, and now the world’s largest audio entertainment company.
- OpportunityMounting competition, struggling stock performance, and a new leadership team catalyzed the need for the company to position itself for a comeback and regain brand relevance.
- SolutionWe stepped in to fill a vacant leadership role and run their communications department, counselling and managing the team, while driving immediate results. Our work included aligning the executive leadership around a new purpose and defined values, crafting a new brand identity, delivering a robust integrated marketing plan, and building their internal communications team to regain and maintain the momentum.
- ImpactDuring the first six months of our engagement, the company’s stock price doubled and we secured various tier one business press and broadcast coverage. The company regained recognition as adominant player in the world of personalized discovery for music, podcasts, storytelling, and culture, eventually leading to a successful acquisition.